Finance Agreement

Sample Documents


What is Pre-Contract Credit Information?
A lender or a Credit Broker acting on its behalf is obliged to provide a Standard European Consumer Information (SECCI). This information will provide you, the customer, with the information to assess whether the proposed agreement meets your needs and financial situation.

What is a Running Account Credit Agreement?
A Running Account Credit Agreement (RACA) is the credit agreement between you and Creation Consumer Finance Limited. It sets out the terms and conditions of the credit agreement and is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Do I need to do anything with my Agreement?
Yes. You need to sign and return one copy to us. If you don’t return it within the time specified of 30 days, as stated in your policy documents, you will be charged a fee of £10. The agreement can be e-signed on the Creation Consumer Finance website

How does the Consumer Credit Act affect me?
The Act is a set of rules to safeguard the Consumer and the Creditor. All credit agreements made under the 1974 Act must comply with these rules, be laid out in a certain format, and contain prescribed (compulsory) terms in order that the agreement is binding and acceptable.

What information is included in an RACA?
The RACA contains all the information relating to the credit on your policy. This includes key financial information such as:

The amount of credit

Term of the agreement

The number and amount of the repayments

Annual percentage rate (APR)

Charges applied (e.g. missing premiums)

Early repayment information

When is my 1st payment taken?
Please refer to your RACA

Can I change my bank details or make an amendment to my agreement?
Yes you can please call Customer Service to discuss your options.

Can I pay off my premium early?
Yes, please call the Customer Service number and one of our advisors will help you.

What happens if I default on a payment or can’t pay?
Please call the Credit Control Team on 0371 376 9247 if you need to discuss the payments on your policy. You can make any outstanding payments direct with Creation Consumer Finance or via our Credit Control Team. You can also log on to your account at Failure to meet your payments will lead to your agreement being cancelled and the full outstanding amount being due. Please be aware you may be charged a £25 default fee and Creation Consumer Finance will only attempt taking the payment once, also defaulting can then create an adverse effect on your credit rating.

What is an APR?
APR (Annual Percentage Rate) is a standard measure of the cost of credit, stated as a yearly rate. Interest rates can be stated in a number of ways. It helps to compare the cost of credit from different providers. The APR must be disclosed to you before completion of the credit agreement.

Can I withdraw from the agreement?
Yes you can. You have 14 days from this agreement. Cancelling your finance agreement will not cancel your insurance policy and full payment will then be required. Please contact Creation Consumer Finance if you wish to discuss cancelling your agreement on 0371 376 9247.

Terms & Conditions

*After an accident covered by your policy, providing your car is being repaired by an approved repairer, we will provide you with a courtesy car while the repairs are being carried out (subject to availability, and terms and conditions apply). The courtesy car applies to comprehensive cover for accidental damage claims and Third Party, Fire and Theft for fire and theft claims where damage is repairable

Debenhams Retail Limited is an Appointed Representative of Somerset Bridge Insurance Services Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. No 477112. Somerset Bridge Insurance Services Ltd is registered in England and Wales No. 06334001. Registered office Lysander House, Catbrain Lane, Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, BS10 7TQ.

Geoff Rowley and Alastair Massey of FRP Advisory were appointed Joint Administrators of Debenhams Retail Limited and Debenhams Properties Limited ("the Companies") on 09 April 2020. The affairs, business and property of the Companies are being managed by the Joint Administrators. The Joint Administrators act as agents of the Companies and without personal liability. The Joint Administrators can be contacted at; or

T&Cs apply, please visit:

T&Cs apply, please visit:

Affected by Coronavirus? Visit our help and guidance

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I take out immediate cover?

Yes, getting insured is easy. You can buy online or over the phone by calling 0344 840 6340.

Can I pay by instalments?

Yes, instalments are available to help you spread the cost. The interest payable when spreading the cost is provided upon completion of the quote.

Do you provide a courtesy car if I have an accident?

After an accident covered by your policy (as long as your car is being repaired by an approved repairer) we will provide you with a courtesy car while the repairs are being carried out (subject to availability, and terms and conditions apply). The courtesy car applies to comprehensive cover for accidental damage claims and Third Party, Fire and Theft for fire and theft claims where damage is repairable.

Who provides Debenhams car insurance?

Debenhams Retail Limited is an Appointed Representative of Somerset Bridge Insurance Services Limited who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Policies are underwritten by a panel of insurers.

How do I get a quote?

Simply call 0344 840 6340 or Click here to be taken on the quote journey.

How do I make a claim?

In the event of a claim, please use the online form or call our 24-hour claim service on 0344 840 9506. All incidents should be reported within 48 hours, even if you are not claiming.

Can I drive abroad on my policy?

As long as you are a UK resident and the vehicle is registered in the UK, your policy will automatically cover you to drive in any countries that are members of the European Union. The minimum level of insurance required (usually third party only) will be provided. This will entitle you to travel within the territorial limits for up to 90 days for social domestic and pleasure purposes only. It’s important you check your terms of business before travelling.

Can I change my vehicle and keep the same insurance policy?

As long as the vehicle is acceptable to your current insurer you won’t need a new policy. However, you may have to pay extra to make the change. To change your vehicle or make any other amendments to your policy, please call our Customer Service Team on 0344 840 6305. If you bought your policy before 9 December 2014, please call 0845 504 5149.

Do I need to provide proof of my no claims bonus?

Yes, you need to send this to us within 14 days of your new policy starting. You can email scanned copies or photos of them to Or, if you prefer, you can post copies to Debenhams Car Insurance, Lysander House, Catbrain Lane, Bristol BS10 7TQ. If you are having difficulties getting hold of proof let us know. We may be able to help you find it by contacting your previous insurer.

Why do I need to send you a copy of my Driving Licence?

To ensure all your details are accurate, we need you to provide us with a copy of the Driving Licence Summary from the DVLA website for you and all drivers named on the policy. You can email scanned copies or photos of them to Or you can post copies to Debenhams Car Insurance, Lysander House, Catbrain Lane, Bristol BS10 7TQ.

What do I do if I breakdown?

If your breakdown cover is with the RAC, please call: 0330 159 0453 If you are unsure who your breakdown provider is, please call our Customer Service team on: 0344 840 6305

Where can I see your terms of business?

You can read our Terms of Business here.

What is a Green Card?

Green Cards are an international certificate of insurance issued by insurance providers in the UK, guaranteeing that the motorist has the necessary third-party motor insurance cover for driving in the country being travelled to.

Do I need a green card?
All UK motorists who are planning to drive in the European Economic Area (EEA) and some other countries (Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland) will need to request a green card.
How do I get a green card?

Two weeks prior to travelling you will need to contact us on 0344 840 6305 to request your green card. We will issue you your card electronically via email, which you will need to print on paper. On request, we can post you a hard copy.

How long will it take?

Please give us at least two weeks’ notice prior to your travel.

Do I have to pay for a green card?

No, there is no charge for issuing you a green card.

What if I travel without a green card?
If you drive in a European country without a Green Card, you will be breaking the law. This could result in you being charged with driving without insurance which could be subject to a fine, having your vehicle seized or prosecution.
Do I need a green card if I’m towing a trailer or caravan in the EU?

Please be aware there is new government advice that UK motorists travelling with trailers and caravans should have two Green Cards issued – one for the towing vehicle and one for the trailer/caravan.

Do I have windscreen cover? What is my excess?

If you have fully comprehensive cover, you will have windscreen cover included as standard under the main terms of your policy. If you have Third Party Fire and Theft cover, or Third Party Only cover, you will not have windscreen cover included. You can find out the levels of cover you have by logging into your online portal and reviewing your documents at Your documents also set out your windscreen excess. Your excess is payable directly to the windscreen company.

I don’t have windscreen cover included under the main policy – What other options do I have?

If you have third party fire and theft cover or third party only cover, you won’t be able to claim for windscreen damage under your main policy. You can however purchase a separate add-on policy to cover you for this. You will only be covered for damage which occurs after you have purchased the cover and won’t be able to claim for pre-existing damage. You can find out more about our add-ons here.

How do I make a claim for a damaged windscreen?

You should follow the claims procedure as set out in your insurer’s policy wording. A copy of your policy wording can be found in your online portal.

If I make a windscreen claim will my NCD be affected?

No a windscreen claim will not affect your no claims bonus, however you will need to disclose the claim to future insurers.

I have defaulted on my direct debt, how can I pay for this?

You can make any outstanding payments by logging on to your account at and follow the online instructions. You can also call Creation directly on 02890 267617, Debenhams will not be able to collect any missed Direct Debit payments. If your payment defaults Creation will write to you, to inform you. Please be aware that you will only be able to make this payment once your direct debit shows in default. This can take up to 2 working days from when the payment is attempted. If you default a fee of £25 will be applied, if this is not paid within 7 days with Creation, we will send correspondence to you which will provide you with a further 7 days to make payment directly with Creation. Failure to make this payment within the given timeframe could result in your finance agreement being cancelled and insurance cover being withdrawn.

Don’t just take our word for it

feefo comments

Very satisfied with the service and help I received. I would certainly use them again.

Mr Smith